Proper hand washing is one of the best ways to stop the spread of germs and keep you and your family healthy. With back to school looming in Charleston, it is very important to make sure your family knows how the proper techniques for washing your hands.
Many germs and even diseases can be spread by touching and sharing objects. The safest bet is to wash your hands before and after preparing, handling, or eating food, before and after coming in contact with someone who is sick, before and after treating a wound, after using the bathroom, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and after touching garbage.
CDC Proper Hand Washing Technique
- Wet hands with clean, running water, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands with the soap by rubbing them together. Get soap on the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and even under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least twenty seconds. Tell your kids to sing the ABC’s twice to help them with the timing.
- Rinse your hands completely under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands with a clean towel or air dry them.
Doctor’s Appointments Available in Charleston, SC
If you and your family need back to school physicals, allergy and asthma evaluations, or help with general health please visit the Alpha Care doctors in Charleston! Alpha Care’s friendly team of family physicians are available for same day appointments in each of our four locations around Charleston: North Charleston, James Island, Mount Pleasant, and Summerville. No referrals are needed to make an appointment at Alpha Care and we can typically make same day appointments!